Earlier this week, Andy Katz released its way too early preseason top 36 poll and nine Big Ten teams were fortunate enough to make the cut. Two other teams also landed just outside those rankings. It was a huge performance for the league.
Here’s the full list of where the Big Ten landed:
Big Ten In NCAA Way Too Early Top 36 Rankings:
- No. 5 - Iowa Hawkeyes
- No. 6 - Wisconsin Badgers
- No. 8 - Michigan Wolverines
- No. 12 - Michigan State Spartans
- No. 13 - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- No. 21 - Illinois Fighting Illini
- No. 31 - Indiana Hoosiers
- No. 33 - Purdue Boilermakers
- No. 35 - Ohio State Buckeyes
- On The Bubble: Maryland Terrapins, Penn State Nittany Lions
The full set of rankings can be seen here. It was interesting to see where the league landed on the list, especially with three teams in the top 10. We’ll have to see whether that holds up when the season starts.