With the college basketball season about to wrap up, one of the topics that will continue to dominate fan discussion is each team’s pro potential. And moreover, there will be a lot of discussion regarding whether players should go pro or stay in school. Well, CBSSports recently updated its list of its top 100 prospects for the 2019 NBA Draft, which should set a good baseline for this discussion in the coming weeks.
The Big Ten found itself well represented with six players making the cut, including a few First Round projections. Obviously, that speaks to just how exciting this season should be for Big Ten fans.
Here’s a full look at the Big Ten players listed below.
Big Ten In 4/23 CBSSports 2019 NBA Draft Big Board:
- No. 19 - Romeo Langford (Indiana)
- No. 28 - Bruno Fernando (Maryland)
- No. 31 - Carsen Edwards (Purdue)
- No. 41 - Isaiah Roby (Nebraska)
- No. 52 - Charles Matthews (Michigan)
- No. 54 - Ignas Brazdeikis (Michigan)
- No. 57 - Jordan Poole (Michigan)
- No. 59 - James Palmer (Nebraska)
- No. 78 - Juwan Morgan (Indiana)
- No. 82 - Ethan Happ (Wisconsin)
- No. 98 - Tyler Cook (Iowa)
Before we dive into some of these selections, it’s worth noting that these kind of rankings are notoriously inaccurate. We not only still have the NBA Combine between now and the Draft, but numerous players will rise and fall with various team workouts.
As far as the rankings themselves, it’s interesting to see so many Big Ten players between 52nd and 59th on the sheet. As fans are surely aware, the NBA Draft selects 60 players. So, if this is accurate, a lot of players could be sweating it out on Draft night. Either way, BTP will keep you posted as we move ahead.
If interested, you can see the full list here.