As Big Ten Media Day got rolling today in Rosemont, Illinois, the conference announced this year’s Preseason All-Big Ten and Player of the Year honorees. A panel comprised of media from around the conference selected Purdue guard Carsen Edwards as the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year and honored 10 players from eight conference programs as members of the Preseason All-Big Ten team.
The 2018-’19 Preseason All-Big Ten Team:
- Romeo Langford, Fr., Indiana
- Juwan Morgan, Sr., Indiana
- Anthony Cowan Jr., Jr., Maryland
- Charles Matthews, Sr., Michigan
- Nick Ward, Jr., Michigan State
- Cassius Winston, Jr., Michigan State
- Jordan Murphy, Sr., Minnesota
- James Palmer Jr., Sr., Nebraska
- Carsen Edwards, Jr., Purdue
- Ethan Happ, Sr., Wisconsin
The only unanimous selections on the Preseason All-Big Ten team were Edwards and Happ, both of whom earned first team All-Big Ten honors from either the coaches or the media last year. Palmer Jr. also earned first team All-Big Ten honors last season. Of the 10 individuals on this year’s preseason list, eight were chosen as first, second, or third team honorees at the end of the 2017-2018 season.