Earlier this week, CBSSports released its rankings for the top 50 non-conference games for the upcoming 2016-17 college basketball season. It was an intriguing list that will be sure to create plenty of controversy.
The Big Ten found itself well represented on the list with an impressive 17 games listed featuring Big Ten teams, including the top three games overall and six of the top nine. Obviously, that speaks to how exciting this season could be for Big Ten fans.
Here’s a full look at the list below.
Big Ten Games On CBS Top 50 Non-Con Games:
- #1 - Michigan State vs Arizona
- #2 - Kansas vs Indiana (neutral)
- #3 - Villanova at Purdue
- #6 - Wisconsin at Creighton
- #8 - Kentucky vs Michigan State
- #9 - Maryland at Georgetown
- #18 - Syracuse at Wisconsin
- #19 - Michigan State at Duke
- #20 - North Carolina at Indiana
- #21 - Ohio State at Virginia
- #22 - Purdue at Louisville
- #27 - Oklahoma at Wisconsin
- #29 - Texas at Michigan
- #31 - Iowa State at Iowa
- #37 - UCLA at Ohio State
- #39 - Indiana vs Butler
- #44 - Louisville vs Indiana
There certainly was no surprise to see that many games make the cut, but if there are a few things to take away, it’s the strong representation of Indiana (four games) and Michigan State (three games) and the sheer diversity of Big Ten teams listed. In fact, a total of eight Big Ten teams were listed at least once.
If you’re interested in reading the full list of 50 games, you can see it here.