In a recent press release, Illinois officially announced its 2015-16 non-conference schedule. The Illini have faced several marquee teams in recent years including the Baylor Bears, Oregon Ducks, and the Villanova wildcats and have added even more for this season.
There's no doubt that the strongest part of Illinois' schedule will be around the matchup with Notre Dame at home in the 2015 Big Ten/ACC Challenge, but there are plenty of other quality games on the schedule including a Providence team that made the NCAA Tournament last season and a potential matchup with an Iowa State team that has been great in recent years.
Here is the full non-conference schedule.
2015-16 Illinois Non-Conference Schedule:
- Nov. 8 -- Illinois-Springfield (Exh.)
- Nov. 13 -- North Florida
- Nov. 15 -- North Dakota State
- Nov. 18 -- at Providence
- Nov. 21 -- Chattanooga
- Nov. 23 -- Chicago State
- Nov. 27 -- UAB (Niceville, Fla.)
- Nov. 28 -- Iowa State/Virginia Tech (Niceville, Fla.)
- Dec. 2 -- Notre Dame
- Dec. 5 -- Western Carolina
- Dec. 9 -- Yale
- Dec. 12 -- UIC (Chicago, Ill.)
- Dec. 19 -- South Dakota
- Dec. 23 -- Missouri (St. Louis, Mo.)