CBS released its list of the Top 100 college basketball players for 2014-15 earlier today and the Big Ten was featured pretty significantly. Although no Big Ten player topped the list, the Big Ten did have a few players within the Top 10 and throughout the list.
Before we take a look at the list, keep in mind that many of the players will move up or down as the season progresses. Also, keep in mind that conference comparisons don't necessarily require a conference having the #1 player overall. Let's take a look at the list.
Big Ten Players On CBS' Top 100 Player List
- #4 - Sam Dekker, Wisconsin
- #5 - Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin
- #8 - Caris LeVert, Michigan
- #17 - Terran Petteway, Nebraska
- #29 - Branden Dawson, Michigan State
- #39 - Yogi Ferrell, Indiana
- #44 - D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State
- #59 - Aaron White, Iowa
- #67 - Dez Wells, Maryland
- #71 - Andre Hollins, Minnesota
- #90 - AJ Hammons, Purdue
A big of a surprise to see Sam Dekker as the conference's highest rated player according to CBS, but Frank Kaminsky and Caris LeVert were both just a few spots behind, so it definitely wasn't anything too significant. Wisconsin was the only Big Ten school to appear more than once on the list and both appearances came in the Top 10, which is a major reason why they are considered to be the conference favorite.
So what are your thoughts? Do you agree with these rankings?