SBNation released its list of the Top 100 college basketball players for 2014-15 earlier today and the Big Ten was featured pretty heavily. Although no Big Ten player topped the list or even landed in the Top 5, the conference appeared all over the list and from several different schools.
Before we take a look at the list, keep in mind that many of the players will move up or down as the season progresses. Also, keep in mind that conference comparisons don't necessarily require a conference having the #1 player overall. Let's take a look at the list.
Big Ten Players On SBNation's Top 100 Player List
- #8 - Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin
- #9 - Caris LeVert, Michigan
- #15 - Terran Petteway, Nebraska
- #26 - Branden Dawson, Michigan State
- #33 - Sam Dekker, Wisconsin
- #37 - Yogi Ferrell, Indiana
- #51 - Dez Wells, Maryland
- #60 - Sam Thompson, Ohio State
- #63 - Aaron White, Iowa
- #65 - Rayvonte Rice, Illinois
- #76 - AJ Hammons, Purdue
- #78 - Andre Hollins, Minnesota
- #88 - Shannon Scott, Ohio State
- #98 - JerShon Cobb, Northwestern
- #100 - Anthony Lee, Ohio State
- Players That Just Missed: DJ Newbill, Penn State; Nigel Hayes, Wisconsin; Myles Mack, Rutgers; Zak Irvin, Michigan; James Blackmon, Jr., Indiana; Jake Layman, Maryland; Kadeem Jack, Rutgers; D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State
Not too many surprises here as the preseason All-Big Ten players were featured pretty high on this list with Kaminsky and LeVert topping the Big Ten. It should also be noted that only 2 teams from the Big Ten had multiple players featured in Ohio State and Wisconsin. The Buckeyes had 3 players and Wisconsin had 2. It's also notable that Rutgers missed the list, but had two players that just missed the cut.
So what are your thoughts? Do you agree with these rankings?