Big Ten basketball news has started to pick up a bit, with more and more information coming out about the season's schedule and many of the teams participating in their off-season scrimmages. Let's take a look at the recent news as things start to heat up around the conference.
Pierre Pierce sticks it to the Hawkeyes
The Iowa Hawkeyes were in for a surprise this past Monday when they showed up to play French pro team Hyeres-Toulon. Upon arriving to the arena they would find out that former Hawkeye Pierre Pierce was on their opponents roster. Pierce played under former Iowa coach Steve Alford and was dismissed from the team in 2005 due to issues off the court. Pierce, who is hated by many Iowa fans, gave the Hawkeyes their first loss in Europe thanks to his game winning shot at the end of regulation.
ESPN announces Super Tuesday schedule
ESPN recently announced their Super Tuesday schedule for the college basketball season. Super Tuesday's consists of one Big Ten game and one SEC game and was ESPN's highest rated weeknight series for college basketball last season. Ohio State and Michigan State will kick off Super Tuesday's for the Big Ten in early January.
Former Michigan player Josh Bartelstein to release a book about his time at Michigan
Recent Michigan graduate Josh Bartelstein will be releasing an e-book that takes a look at Michigan's rise back to national relevance. As of now the e-book is expected to be released around Labor Day.
- Indiana's 2013-14 schedule starts to take shape
- SI suggests Bo Ryan and Wisconsin aren't as boring as you think
- Indiana's director of basketball operations is leaving Bloomington for an assistant coaching job at Saint Louis
- DJ Wilson sets Michigan visit
- Michigan's Jordan Morgan documents recent basketball trip to Africa
- Sporting News takes a look at head coaches and their Twitter usage
- BSD recaps Penn State's recent European trip