The Big Ten Network has announced their slate of 67 conference games throughout the season, as well as the addition of Seth Davis. Honestly, I'm just happy that Gus Johnson will be announcing games for the network. Recruiting wise things are still moving along at a brisk pace, with Donte Grantham set to decide and Trevon Bluiett possibly back in play for several Big Ten programs.
BTN Announces Conference Coverage, adds Seth Davis to the mix
Big Ten Network has announced their conference television coverage for the season this week. For the 2013-14 season Big Ten Network will broadcast 67 different Big Ten games, with their coverage kicking off on December 31st with Michigan State at Penn State. Outside of the 67 conference games, Big Ten Network will also cover numerous non-conference games and four Big Ten Tournament matchups. Several new faces will join the network as well, including former Illini player Stephen Bardo and CBS Sports host Seth Davis. Fan favorite Gus Johnson will once again return on commentary for games as well.
Goodluck Okonoboh chooses UNLV over Indiana and Ohio State
Goodluck Okonoboh is a four star forward / center with quite a bit of hype to his name and had narrowed down his list to Indiana, Ohio State, Duke, UNLV and Florida. At one point the Hoosiers were the frontrunner, but down the stretch both Ohio State and UNLV made a major push. Well Okonoboh made his decision tonight on ESPNU and turned some heads when he announced that he'll be playing at UNLV in 2014. The decision isn't a huge surprise when you realize Okonoboh's friend Khem Birch transferred to UNLV and that UNLV did just produce the most recent #1 draft pick, but it's still a loss for the Big Ten as they miss out on one of the better 2014 bigs.
Trevon Bluiett decommits from UCLA
Trevon Bluiett originally committed to the Bruins but has decided to reopen his recruitment. Bluiett received offers from several Big Ten programs including Michigan, Purdue and Indiana. It's still unknown if all three programs will reenter the recruiting process for Bluiett, especially with the schools adding several recruits since Bluiett came off the board. Bluiett is a four star wing that is rated in the top 50 on all of the major recruiting services. There's been some speculation Bluiett shied away from UCLA due to the distance and it's presumed he will end up somewhere significantly closer than California this time around.
Donte Grantham to announce Friday morning
Four star forward Donte Grantham will be announcing his decision tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM. Grantham will be deciding between Michigan and Clemson, with most people believing he is likely to decide on the Wolverines. Grantham would bring some physicality to the table and is a capable rebounder that would be a solid get for the Wolverines. If you want to hear what school Grantham decides on first, he'll be announcing the decision on his Twitter account.
- Hoosiers release more Hoosier Hysteria details
- Tom Crean's speech from 'State of the Hoosier Nation'
- Tom Crean discusses Indiana's roster
- Inside the Hall offers their player preview for Noah Vonleh
- ITH has also posted their preview for Devin Davis
- Maize N' Brew takes a look at the latest Michigan commit, Kameron Chatman
- UM Hoops takes a look at Michigan's versatility
- Inside Northwestern takes a look at some major questions Northwestern is facing this season
- Michigan State offers Javon Bess
- CBS looks under at 20 under the radar transfers, including three heading to Big Ten schools
- Gold and Black looks how Purdue will have to make more defensive stops to improve in 2013
- Terone Johnson set to lead Boilermakers in 2013
- Fifth year transfers look to bring leadership to Purdue
- Eleven Warriors offers an update on the Buckeyes recent recruiting efforts
More from BT Powerhouse: