BT Powerhouse's final predictions of how the Big Ten will finish.
TOP TIER- Teams that remain in contention for the Big Ten title, entering the final week.
1.) Ohio State - Remaining Schedule: @ PSU, vs WISC. Final Projected BT Record: 16-2
- It won't be by any means easy for the Buckeyes, but I think they will indeed win at Penn State and at home, on senior night, against Wisconsin. The Buckeyes will be crowned with an outright Big Ten regular season title.
2.) Purdue - Remaining Schedule: vs ILL, @ IOWA. Final Projected BT Record: 15-3
- The Boilermakers have two games left that should be fairly easy, if they keep playing like they have been lately. Illinois is in desperation mode but, the Boilers win at Mackey on senior night. They will be hoping the Buckeyes will fall, but they instead finish second, and get the number two seed in the Big Ten Tournament.
3.) Wisconsin - Remaining Schedule: @ IND, @ OSU. Final Projected BT Record: 13-5
- The Badgers should have one easy game left before heading into the huge showdown in Columbus against the Buckeyes. Ohio State is out for revenge and it's senior night. I think Wisconsin loses that game and finishes two games behind Purdue in third place.
T4.) Michigan - Remaining Schedule: vs MSU. Final Projected BT Record: 9-9
- The Wolverines will beat struggling rival Michigan State at home in their final game of the season to finish tied for fourth. Seeding for the Big Ten Tournament becomes difficult with three teams tied for fourth.
T4.) Illinois - Remaining Schedule: @ PUR, vs IND. Final Projected BT Record: 9-9
- Illinois splits their remaining games, losing at Purdue and winning against Indiana at home, tying for fourth place.
T4.) Michigan State - Remaining Schedule: vs IOWA, @ MICH. Final Projected BT Record: 9-9
- Michigan State will win against Iowa but fall short at Michigan, leaving three Big Ten teams at 9-9.
T7.) Penn State - Remaining Schedule: vs OSU, @ MINN. Final Projected BT Record: 8-10
- Penn State has games left that they must win to get into the NCAA Tournament, if they have any shot at it. I think they will lose both, and miss the tournament, again.
T7.) Minnesota - Remaining Schedule: @ NW, vs PSU. Final Projected BT Record: 8-10
- Minnesota is looking as if they will be left out of the NCAA Tournament field. They need to win both of their remaining games to have any shot at it. They will also need a deep Big Ten Tournament run. I think they do get both wins this week and finish tied for seventh.
9.) Northwestern - Remaining Schedule: vs MINN. Final Projected BT Record: 6-12
- Northwestern will be the lone team in ninth, if my predictions are correct. With a loss this week against Minnesota on senior night, ninth is where they will be sitting come Monday.
T10.) Indiana - Remaining Schedule: vs WISC, @ ILL. Final Projected BT Record: 3-15
- Indiana's remaining schedule is a tough one. They will more than likely lose both and finish with Iowa, tied at the bottom.
T10.) Iowa - Remaining Schedule: @ MSU, vs PUR. Final Projected BT Record: 3-15
- Iowa, much like Indiana doesn't have the easiest schedule left. They will probably lose both and be tied for last.