It was brought to my attention that the college basketball previews should either be out on newstands now or early next week, so it looks like I might have some reading material on the horizon. While there's been a lot of talk about the Lindy's publication, more and more information is getting out there about the Sporting News preview. Today's Powerlinks includes a solid recruiting piece written up by Eleven Warriors, a look TSN's top 25 and Purdue's addition of a familiar face to it's coaching staff.
Buckeyes blog Eleven Warriors posted their first of a two part series taking a look at the recruiting efforts from all teams in the conference. This weeks post takes a look at Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State and Minnesota. Recruiting is about to start heating up and reading through the post here makes that apparent when you realize that four of the teams listed here still don't have any commits for 2014.
UM Hoops and Inside the Hall have been covering their top 25 players from the Big Ten and they're about to wrap up the top 25 pretty soon. Their most recent offering covers the sixth through tenth spot and features five players from five different schools, including Penn State's Tim Frazier, who is expecting to bounce back from a season ending injury early last year.
Michigan looks ahead to the upcoming season
Michigan basketball blog UM Hoops has been getting ready for the upcoming basketball season and if you're an avid Wolverine fan I'd suggest checking them out. They recently posted several worthwhile reads, including a piece detailing summer workouts and another piece discussing the teams sophomores and the need for them to step up. Michigan's been a relatively younger team as of late and that trend will continue once again, with the Wolverines needing their sophomores (highlighted by Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary) to step up if they want to achieve the same success as they did last year.
Sporting News lists six Big Ten teams in top 25
With all of the college basketball previews starting to become available, Sporting News top 25 has became available. The list includes six Big Ten teams:
- Michigan State (2nd)
- Michigan (7th)
- Ohio State (11th)
- Wisconsin (14th)
- Iowa (23rd)
- Indiana (25th)
- The Only Colors takes a look at Adreian Payne in their Summer Shootaround series
- Inside the Hall takes a look at the recruitment of Robert Johnson
- The Only Colors takes a look at Michigan State's recruiting
- ICYMI, Butler's old mascot recently passed. They made a touching memoriam for Butler Blue II that will tug at your heart strings
More from BT Powerhouse:
- Three Reasons the Hoosiers Could Be Better
- Three Reasons Penn State Will Be Better In 2013-14
- Three Reasons Nebrasketball Will Be Better in 2013
- Three Reasons Ohio State Will Be Better in 2013-14
- Wednesday Powerlinks: Ohio State's fancy new recruiting tool